Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Chap stick Chronicles... wk 3

So I was hoping to write my personal post this week about something interesting, but once again all I have to talk about is crap...

Yesterday morning I threw away my favorite chap stick, Burt's Bees Pomegranate, because it had finally kicked the bucket. Now anyone who knows me knows the obsession I have with always having chap stick on hand, so much to my dismay, I couldn't find any more of that kind in my makeup drawer. Of course I have other chap sticks.. you know, the kind that are like "sort-of" friends, the ones you call to hang out with you when there seems to be absolutely NO ONE ELSE around...

(Don't you make me feel like a bad person, because I know you do it too...)

I used a makeshift chap stick, but I told myself that before class I was going to run to Rite-Aid and get a new one of my favorite. Of course I had about a million other things to do so that didn't get done. Fast forward to the end of the day and I STILL never made it to the store for my chap stick, thus guaranteeing another meltdown in the morning when I rediscovered my loss.

Now before you think I'm totally crazy, let me give you something else to laugh about. I go to bed chap stick-less and for once in a great while I have a dream that I can actually remember! The sad part is that the dream ended with me getting shot by a giant tube of Burt's Bees Pomegranate. (I'll spare you the rest of my crazy dream) So before I end this post, let me just tell you that of course I made time to make it to Rite-Aid today so that I could stop obsessing over the stupid little .15oz tube of wonderfulness that seems to control my life.

PS- laugh if you will, I'd surely laugh at me too if I were you!

0 comments: