Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yay for Podcasting!.... wk 5

I have to say that I love love love The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott. I was especially excited to learn more about podcasting, because so far this is the only thing we've talked about in class that I haven't tried on my own yet!

Chapter 6, though it was short, was just the kind of information I needed to know. I guess I never really looked into podcasting because I thought there was some kind of subscription fee. There was a quote that especially stuck in my head, it read "by appealing to a niche market and delivering audio that people choose to hear, an organization is seen as a thought leader and is the first choice for listeners looking to make a purchase." (page 70) Looking back on it, it seems like that is such an obvious statement. If the purpose of an organization is to reach it's consumers, then why did it take this long for consumer-targeting products like blogs and podcasts to appear? It makes me really excited to live in an age where advantages like this exist at my fingertips! The only hard part is figuring out which podcast to subscribe to!

On a side note, I checked out the band mentioned in the book, Uncle Seth, and I will have to agree with Scott on this one... they're pretty good!

1 comments:

David Meerman Scott said...

And I love that you love my book. Thanks
David Meerman Scott