Monday, September 29, 2008

My Matthew... wk 4

Everyone has those few friends who, no matter what, will always hold a special place in your heart. For me, my core group of friends is mostly made up of boys. This weekend was a bit sad for me, as it was my last chance to hang out with my friend Matt for a while because he left for Iraq this morning.

Matthew and I have been friends since I was 17. He's become like my brother. I've had so many good times with him, and I know that no matter what he'll always have my back and be there to protect me. Matt joined the Army last spring and spent most of the summer gone at basic training in Kentucky. He was home for a week at the end of August, before he left for base in Georgia. It was a total shock to me when he called and told me he was coming home for a few days because they were sending him to Iraq. I still can't believe it.

This weekend we rented a party bus and went all over the Toledo area bar-hopping and whatnot to give him a good time before he left. It was really hard to leave him this morning, I still can't believe I cried like a baby! I know he'll be safe and come home to us, but it still hurts to think that he'll be in danger and be away until February at the earliest.

I am so proud of Matt for his dedication to our country. Prayers for his safety would be greatly appreciated!!


<--- Matt and I back in the day



<--- Swimming


<--- Last Year


<--- At Little Mexico


<--- Me and my Matty his last night before deploying

0 comments: