Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tag, You're It! wk 6

Though I'm not a huge fan of the New Influencers book, I have to say that chapter nine began to spark my interest when it discussed the use of tags.

Unlike with my difficulty in wrapping my head around what an RSS feed is, I tend to think that tags are self-explanitory devices. I'd always noticed them at the bottom of articles or blogs, and I knew that tags played a huge part in the success of search engines, but I never knew just how important that made them in the grand scheme of social media!

One thing I will give this book, is the fact that for every subject brought up, Gillin will give about 5 examples to help clarify. I never knew that there were sites on the Web set up to specifically track tags and what they say. TagWorld, and del.icio.us are especially interesting to me after I checked them out and did a few searches. The possibilities are endless! It's amazing that I could probably sit around all day thinking of ways I'd like to be able to search for information, by what category, and there would be some specialized Web site out there that will do just what I wish!

With technology we're always wondering, "what will they think of next?" but with so much out there already, I have to sit back and wonder, "is there anything left to think of?"

0 comments: