Monday, September 22, 2008

Technology and the Generation Gap... wk 3

One thing I've always found interesting is the fact that with every new technology comes the beginning of a new gap between generations.

Chapter 4 of Citizen Marketers (McConnell/Huba) describes the advancement of blogging, and particularly makes me think about the big change differentiating my generation from that of my parents'. My parents were part of the "TV/Radio Age," one that was drastically different from my grandparents' newspapers. It's funny to me that my parents thought they were "ahead of the curve" with their TV programs and radio shows, but here they are behind the times with things like blogs, podcasts, and even the internet in general! Headlining Web sites like MySpace and YouTube are constantly evolving, and that makes me wonder what could possibly be coming next to set my generation apart from my children's?!

OTHER RANDOM THINGS THAT MADE ME SAY "WHAAAAAT?!"
**RSS- I read and read and read, and I STILL can't tell you exactly what this means. Anyone care to explain it to me in Lehman's terms??

**ANIMALS BLOGGING??- I hope I wasn't the only person disturbed by this tidbit that might be part of the not-so-distant future...

**Does anyone else but me notice that the writers of Citizen Marketers use the word "democratize" WAYYYYY too much? If I wasn't so lazy I'd go through and highlight and count it every time I see it. There has GOT to be a new/different word they can use... it's as easy as visiting thesaurus.com

0 comments: