Monday, November 17, 2008

Not cool, Aggy. Not cool.

I've been staring at my computer for about 2 hours now trying to decide what to write about for this d*** ethics paper.

Good thing I'm full of ideas (sarcasm). In all reality, I find it borderline unethical that we even enter this contest as part of our grade anyway. Shouldn't the entries be heartfelt with the writers entering because of feeling compelled to share something? NOT because their grade depends on it??

It's almost like bloggers being paid to blog. They lose their transparency and even their originality. The fact that I have to conjure up some sort of topic for an ethics contest to potentially win money because I'm being graded on it is pretty much the same thing.

Not cool, Aggy. Not cool.

2 comments:

amckelveydz said...

Casey, you make an extremely valid point. People should enter this contest who have a strong opinion or story, not because their grades depend on it. I too have been sitting with my computer on my lap trying to decide what to write about. Every topic I think of leads me to some ethical issue within myself. If you read my post, you'd know what I meant.

Either way, I agree that this is a little unethical. Why should 14 kids have to enter a contest they have no interest in when there are other students who probably really need the money and have a great idea on the table.

Dr. Alisa Agozzino said...

Your essay was great...